Sunday, July 27, 2014

Changing Fridges



The original fridge in the Trillium was a three way (110/12/propane) device which had long since seen its day when I bought the trailer. The seller claimed it worked, but it didn't really. Not only that, but it was much too finicky for my liking, having to be always level and so on.

It was tossed out and an Engel unit which I had from my Teardrop days moved into its place. This chest fridge works on 110 and 12 volt, but not propane. The good news was it doesn't require it to be particularly level and draws so little power, I can run it off a 50 watt solar panel indefinitely!


I installed the Engel on a slide out base using the clip in base which Engel supplies. This base prevents the fridge from suddenly becoming a projectile should one stop suddenly and, shudder the thought, crash.


The smaller outside dimensions of the fridge, even with the additional 'blanket' allowed me to add an extra drawer above it and a slide out waste basket to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment