Friday, October 13, 2017

Wine Bar!


The furnace on the 4500 sits above the wheel well on the curb side of the camper. I never managed to get it to light up let alone heat anything, so I decided to remove it and use the space for additional storage. My idea was to put in a drawer which would also be a wine cellar. To accomplish this I removed all the screws, both inside and out that held the furnace in place and disconnected the propane lead, which I capped, sealing it off. The furnace then easily pulled into the cabin and I removed it entirely.

A bit of measuring gave me the dimensions of the wine drawer and I began by building the frame which would hold the drawer in place. This was attached to the old furnace opening walls at the front and to the wheel well at the rear. 


I then made the two-level drawer to fit the frame, installed the slides so they matched up with their counterparts on the frame walls and slid in the new drawer! The holes are for the wine bottles at the front and other storage space is in the rear. Not shown is a separator so items in the rear don't roll forward and drop through the holes. Both the separator and the panel with the holes can be removed, making the space usable for a variety of things besides wine bottles.



No comments:

Post a Comment