Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Running Down East

Fundy Shore

I finally decided it was time to part with my beloved little Go-Camp teardrop camper and luckily a friend from Nova Scotia was interested in acquiring it. She has some great ideas for updating it and is the kind of person who will utilize it to the max, so I was happy to run down to Nova Scotia and deliver it. One of the sweet spots I stopped at along the way was this little fishing community in the Fundy shore. The tide was out and the boats were high and dry.

New River Park

Another nice stop on the New Brunswick Fundy shore is New River campground. It wasn’t open yet, being early in the season and the signs all said ‘Closed’, but the hiking trails were still there and I took advantage of the nice day to take a little walk. I wasn’t the only one in the closed park! 



The trails leads to several beaches as one heads out to the point and this was the view of one of them. There are several geocaches along the trails and I grabbed one on the return to the car. I didn’t go all the way out on this visit as time didn't really allow, but it’s well worth doing when there is time.

New Glasgow

It’s always fun to pull in beside the big boys at a truck stop. I’m sure they get a kick out of seeing us little ‘pretenders’ as much as I do!



Bye, bye little camper! It was tons of fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment